Peach and Arugula Salad

Here, in all her glory, is Green Leaf Platter in what turned out to be her final performance. Less than 24 hours before her untimely demise, GLP was working the salad like nobody’s business. A true artist to the end, she presented like no one was watching.

As promised, here is the recipe for the peach and arugula salad demonstrated a couple of days ago on CTV’s News at Noon.

You can watch the video then…

… make it yourself.

, , ,

0 Responses to Peach and Arugula Salad

1. Amy P August 20, 2010 at 3:46 pm #

Oh no! This answered the gut-wrenching question that I didn’t ask. Was the demise of your lovely bowls before or after the television spot?

Sigh!

The salad sounds lovely, and a marvelous way to clear out some of my arugula. But I have a cheeky munchkin who prefers pie over arugula any day (and really, don’t we all wish to eat pie instead of arugula?!). Peach pie, it is the essence of August sunshine in a pastry crust.

• Charmian Christie August 20, 2010 at 5:00 pm #

@Amy P, oh, the big pottery smash was before the shoot. JUST before the shoot. I was loaded up and on my way to the car. It wasn’t pretty.

Love your description of peach pie. And yes, pie is tastier than arugula — but when you load the plate with peaches, smoked cheese and almonds, it’s pretty darned close. Ha! Tell that to a 3-y-o.

2. Robin Smart August 20, 2010 at 7:17 pm #

Thought you were extra articulate and looked fab. No one would know you were inadvertently doing Circque Du Soleil auditions just before.
    Love the salad!

• Charmian Christie August 23, 2010 at 1:25 pm #

@Robin Smart, thanks. I thought I looked a bit pale. But then again. I always do.

3. Jill U Adams August 25, 2010 at 8:42 am #

Charmian,

I watched your video clip yesterday (you were great, as always — relaxed, assured, and knowledgeable), and made the salad last night for dinner. I skipped the almonds, substituted parmesan cheese, and used orange juice in the dressing.

It was delicious — many thanks for the idea!

• Charmian Christie August 25, 2010 at 9:17 am #

@Jill U Adams, oh, that sounds tasty. I love when people take an idea and make it their own. You just made my day. Thanks so much for taking the time to post your variation and results.

• Jill U Adams August 25, 2010 at 9:58 am #

@Charmian Christie, The variation was born from laziness. I went to the farmer’s market and bought the arugula and peaches, but I couldn’t be bothered to go to the grocery store. I scrounged the fridge to see what cheese and juice I had on hand.

• Charmian Christie August 25, 2010 at 10:14 am #

@Jill U Adams, the best culinary discoveries often result this way. “Improvise” is my code word for “didn’t plan ahead”. But don’t tell anyone :-)

4. Tanya August 25, 2010 at 9:13 am #

As I was reading this, I thought to myself that I have to comment on how fabulous that platter looks – then I read on to see that it’s gone for good – to broken platter heaven :-( Oh – the salad looks mighty tasty too :-)
    Tanya recently posted…Fiber Gourmet Light Penne PastaMy Profile

• Charmian Christie August 25, 2010 at 9:19 am #

@Tanya, thanks for understanding. The worst part is that my sister gave me that platter for Christmas with my blog in mind. I LOVED that platter for so many reasons, especially her vote of support. Oh well, her support remains in tact.

5. No Onion Please August 27, 2010 at 4:50 am #

Ahh, why I’ve found this recipe just a day before my holidays! Now there is no way I can make it, and I want it immediately! The flavours just sound great!
    No Onion Please recently posted…Chicken breast with Parma ham and goat cheeseMy Profile

• Charmian Christie August 27, 2010 at 10:28 am #

@No Onion Please, don’t fret. Peaches are going to be around for a few more weeks.

Love the name of your blog, by the way. I love cooked onions, but raw? Can’t tell you how often I’ve said, “No onions, please!”